Monday, March 30, 2015

When I Don’t Know What to Write About (SoLSC 30/31) #sol15

Sometimes I just don’t know
What to write about
So I sit and look around
And try to get inspired

Finding inspiration
In the things around me
Can be as easy as
Seeing my students
Looking out the window at the weather
Remembering a favorite quote
Reminiscing about books
Smelling my favorite Mr. Sketch markers
The remnants of
My teacher life
Scattered around a classroom

Grasping for inspiration
In the air
Can be as difficult as
Trying to pull a word out of my head
Dragging a line out of the paper
Struggling to hear a sound
Knowing that it is
Just outside of my reach
My fingers grasp for it
My eyes search for it
My brain scrambles to
Compare, contrast and
create an idea

Exhaustedly
Dejectedly
I try
Over
and
Over
To find that inspiration
Only to realize
That I have already found

What I was seeking


4 comments:

  1. I love that you found a slice and a poem in one...and I love Mr. Sketch markers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Everyone involved in this challenge has that moment when we have no idea what to write about! A lot of my students have had those moments, too. I love that you made a poem out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I have had a few days like this during the Slicing month. I love the freedom to put the struggle on paper and then use some literary devices to make it sparkle. I love your line lengths and repetition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you didn't know what to write about but still wrote a poem about it!

    ReplyDelete