Saturday, March 14, 2015

A Day Spent Watching (& Judging) Dance (SoLSC 14/31) #sol15

I spent today judging another dance competition. I really do enjoy it, and I especially love that I get to be a part of helping kids participate in a sport they love...and it is a sport, but it is also art. It's about beauty and performance and musicality and technique and teamwork and dedication...and it's so much fun to watch. Everyone from the adorable three-year-olds who are so cute as they're just starting to learn to dance all the way to the eighteen-year-olds who are stunning as they show how they have honed their craft. I always feel happy after a day spent watching dance (even if I am mentally exhausted).

2 comments:

  1. I have a friend with two children who dance. The competitions are so much fun. The creativity in the choreography always amazes me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds fun, I would love to watch that!

    ReplyDelete