Thursday, March 5, 2015

Taking a Moment (SoLSC 5/31) #sol15

Yesterday, as I was packing my bag and putting on my coat to leave school, I was blinded by the glare of the sun coming off the snow. Now, after the long, cold, gray winter we’ve had in Wisconsin, I’m certainly not complaining about the sun shining, but it was so unexpected that I was drawn to it. It shone into my eyes so brightly that I had to stop for a minute to appreciate it, then I dug out my phone to snap a picture because it was such a unique view at that moment. I’m lucky to work at an incredible school that is surrounded by nature on 200 acres of land. With the angle of my classroom with west facing windows, I get amazing views of sunsets over the back hill, particularly in the wintertime. I often will take a moment as I’m heading out of building to grab a quick picture when the view of the sunset is striking enough to stop me for a moment, and it reminds me of something important. Sometimes it’s good to take a quiet, peaceful, reflective moment at the end of a long day to appreciate the view and beauty of nature.
The shining sun view from my window yesterday.
The sunset view from the building before Thanksgiving.

7 comments:

  1. Wow that's beautiful! What a great thought, to stop and reflect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing these amazing pictures! It's often too easy to get swept up in our day-to-day activities and taking the time to stop and enjoy our surroundings is so important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures and what a wonderful view to help you slow down and savor the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes nature just hits you smack in the face and says, "Hey take a look at me today!" Glad you stopped and noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. Nothing like nature to make you smile and count your blessings after a long day. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I can tell it's getting close to sunrises over the river in the mornings for me. Though I suppose I'll have to wait a bit after DST hits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your snow looks like ours right now.... kind of satiny from melting and refreezing over and over again. While it is beautiful, I won't be sad when it starts to melt with this weekend's 40 degree temperatures!

    ReplyDelete