Friday, March 27, 2015

What I Hope My Students Know Most (SoLSC 27/31) #sol15

What I Hope My Students Know Most

What I hope my students know most
Is that I care
You may only see me
As your teacher
But each one of you
Becomes my kids
Every one of you
Matter to me

I care
Even if it seems as if I don’t
Deep down where it counts, I do
I carry your burdens with me
I sigh your relief as well
When you cry, I cry
Maybe not always in front of you, but I do

I care
When you cheer, I cheer behind you
When you are angry, I am angry for you
When you celebrate, I celebrate with you
Because you doing well means I have done well
When you are frustrated, I am frustrated
When you succeed, I succeed also
I am right alongside you

Because
I care
If there is only one thing you
Take away from our time
Together
Please know this
I care
and
You matter

You may not remember my name
Ten, twenty, thirty years from now
But I will remember you
And be hoping for the best
For your life
And I hope you remember

I care


3 comments:

  1. So true. Most teachers feel this way. We care for each student. Thanks for this heartfelt poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful, amazing post. I am so glad that you shared this! I hope you're feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should read this to your students! This is a very nice poem!

    ReplyDelete